City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma for Professional Dog Stylists (QCF) (7763 – 03) – £4600
Course duration – 34 days plus some evenings for theory
Prerequisite: City and Guilds 7763-02 Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants.
Experience: Some grooming assistant experience recommended.
Assessment criteria: Written test and practical demonstrations and assignments.
Completion deadline: Within 3 years of registration.
Scissor Kits Available to buy
15% Deposit: £690 to secure place
This qualification is designed for candidates who:
- wish for career progression into or within the sector
- do not have access to a work based diploma
- wish to develop the skills learnt from other qualifications
- require evidence towards the underpinning knowledge of the work based diploma
- are looking for progression towards higher education
What you will learn:
- Carry out styling and finishing of dogs
- Assess and plan dog grooming work
- Promote and maintain the health and well-being of animals
- Health checking a dog by a dog groomer
- Hand stripping a dog
- Style and trim a spaniel’s coat
- Style and trim a short-legged terrier’s coat
Optional Group 1
- Handle payments from clients
- Welcome, receive and care for visitors
- Moving animals between locations
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security
Optional Group 2
- Style and trim a poodle’s coat
- Style and trim a long-legged terrier or Schnauzer’s coat
PLEASE STATE WHICH COURSE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WHEN FILLING IN THE FORM BELOW